Being an empath means that you are able to look at other people and know what they are feeling or thinking without them telling you. Being empathic isn’t the same as being compassionate or nice. This is a gift that some people have that help them to be successful in their careers and life.
When you meet someone that has faced loss, living can be hard for them. But, when you can understand what they are experiencing and you can learn to comfort them when their life is hard, you will learn to appreciate your gift and it will deepen your relationship with people.
You might even be able to know when someone is good at something or that someone is suited for some kind of job or role in life. This can help you to learn about that person and to discover talents that might otherwise be hidden for them.
Signs of Being an Empath
There are some things that might help you to know that you are an empath:
- Overwhelmed easily
- Need alone time
- Can tell what someone is thinking or feeling.
- Knows when someone is lying to you.
- Can read the personality of others.
There are ways that you can increase your empathy gift such as:
- Read books that help you to understand people more.
- Take a course online to practice your skills of empathy.
- Talk to someone that is an expert and someone that has the same gift as you.
- Attend some kind of workshop that allows you to understand the view of others and to know what you are experiencing more.
- Imagine that your empathy skills are part of who you are. What are the challenges that you seem to face?
- When you listen to others, you are able to understand their feelings more. You can respond after you hear what they are experiencing in their life.
- Look at the different experiences that you have and pay attention to how they make you feel.
Having strong empathic skills can help you to know people better and can help you to make an effort to know that you are doing something good in your life.